Graham Civic Center
503 McGee Street
Graham, NC 27253
Call 336.570.6718 to reserve the Civic Center.
About the Civic Center:
The 1956 construction of the Graham Civic Center was funded and supervised by the Graham Chapters of the Rotary, Kiwanis, Exchange and Jaycees Clubs on land donated by Dr. and Mrs. J.L. Johnson. Throughout the years, the Center hosted the Graham Rotary Club, Graham Optimist Club, Graham Lions Club, Graham Jaycees, Kiwanis Club of Graham and the Graham Exchange Club.
After 50 years operating the Civic Center, the Civic Clubs of Graham donated the building and land to the City of Graham. The donation was used as matching funds to a grant the City of Graham received from the NC Parks and Recreation Trust Fund (PARTF).
The PARTF Grant was used to completely renovate the kitchen and restroom area of the Civic Center. Additions to the Civic Center grounds were also part of the PARTF Grant. A sand volleyball court, horseshoe pits and playground were added. The Civic Center was re-opened in December, 2008.
Since re-opening, the Graham Civic Center hosts weekly meetings of the Graham Optimist Club and Graham Rotary Club. The Center has also hosted community meetings, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties and family reunions.