Graham Historical Museum Advisory Board
The Graham Historical Museum Advisory Board serves as an advisor to the City Council as it relates to the operation of the City’s historical museum and artifacts housed therein. The Graham Historical Museum, located at 135 W. Elm Street, collects, preserves, displays and interprets the records, relics and artifacts which contribute to the understanding and appreciation of the history of the City of Graham.
The mission of the Graham Historical Museum Advisory Board is to:
- Create an environment that displays artifacts in a well-organized and visually appealing setting;
- Catalog items stored and displayed in the Graham Historical Museum;
- Maintain records by serving as administrator for current gifts and contributions of artifacts relevant to Graham’s history;
- Serve as responsible stewards and representatives of the Graham Historical Museum;
- Encourage community involvement by promoting the Museum through educational programs, special events, and partnerships with local businesses, civic organizations and City government.
- Elaine Murrin – Chair
- Jeanette Beaudry – Vice-Chair
- Diana Cummings – Secretary
- Jan Peterman
- Jerry Cummings
- Allene Massengill
- Melody Wiggins – City Council Liaison
- Brian Faucette – City Staff Liaison
Members of the Board are appointed by the Graham City Council and each serve three year terms. The Museum Advisory Board meets on the fourth Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Graham Historical Museum. All meetings are open to the public.