HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION
This Free event is sponsored by the Alamance County Landfill. Co-sponsors are Cooperative Extension Service and NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Pesticide Disposal Assistance Program.
When: Saturday, October 18, 2014
Hours: 8:00 am until 1:00 pm (Rain or Shine)
Location: 100 Stone Quarry Road, Haw River (Burlington Fire Training Center)
Directions: Turn at intersection onto Quarry Street/Stone Quarry Road off of N. Church St/HWY 70. Travel approximately .2 miles past the Burlington Adoption Center on the right and the collection site is located in the gated parking lot of the Burlington Fire Training Center on the left.
Household Generated Waste Only – NO Commerical/Business Waste Accepted
Types of hazardous waste accepted:
• Latex & oil based paint and spray paint
• Household cleaners, drain openers, toilet bowl cleaners, oven cleaners, disinfectants
• Solvents, thinners, shellacs, varnishes, sealers, wood preservatives
• Automotive products including brake fluid, antifreeze, used motor oil (up to 5-gal per resident), filters, gasoline
• Pesticides & insecticides including poisons, aerosols, weed killers
• Miscellaneous materials such as acids, bases, kerosene, batteries, photographic chemicals, pool chemicals, mercury, fluorescent tubes
• Camp and grill size propane cylinders only
Household material NOT accepted:
• Gas Cylinders (except camp and grill size propane cylinders)
• Explosives / Ammunition
• Medical Waste
• Electronics / TVs / Computers
• Radioactives / Smoke Detectors
For further information, please call (336) 376-8902.