The City of Graham Sanitation Department provides weekly residential solid waste collection to residents within city limits. The City provides a 96-gallon container to each customer for use with the City’s automated trucks. To determine your collection day, please follow the link to the map of citywide trash pickup.
Solid Waste Collection Rules
- All waste must be within the container.
- Containers should be placed at the curb by 7:00am on your collection day.
- Place containers so that the handles are oriented away from the street at least 5 feet away from vehicles, mailboxes, or other objects.
- Do not place recyclables, electronics or yard debris in your City garbage containers.
Noncommercial yard waste is collected on the same day as your scheduled solid waste collection. You can determine your collection day for yard waste by following the link to the map of citywide trash pickup.
The following items are among those that will not be collected curbside:
- Auto Parts
- Building Materials
- Contractor Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Landscape Timbers
- Limbs greater than 6’ in length
- Home Improvement Materials (Windows, Doors, etc…)
- Sealed Containers
Yard Waste Collection Rules
Yard Waste is collected on the same day as your normal garbage collection. There is no charge for piles that are less than two (2) mechanical clam shell bites (approximately 3 cubic yards). Piles that exceed two (2) bites will be charged for each additional bite. Current collection rates can be found in the City’s Rates and Fee Schedule. Please remember the following rules when placing yard waste curbside:
- Loose matter such as leaves and grass clippings should be placed in a separate container.
- Other yard waste such as limbs (6′ or less) and trimmings should be placed neatly by the curb.
- Do not place leaves, grass clippings or other yard waste in bags.
Annual fall leaf collection will begin the last Monday in October and extend through the last Friday in January. During the fall leaf collection period, leaves should be piled loosely at the curb. Please do not mix leaves with other yard waste during the leaf collection period.
White goods such as refrigerators and stoves as well as other bulk items such as furniture are collected upon request. Please call (336) 570-6709 to schedule a pick-up.
Please contact the Alamance County Landfill at (336) 376-8902 for more information regarding disposal options for these and other items.