Don’t Sit, Get Fit – A Youth Athletic Parents Challenge
Description: We know that you want your kids to be active, but we want you to be active too! Take this 4-week fitness challenge during the first month of your child’s soccer season. Let us inspire you to be active by running, walking or jogging during the one (1) hour your child is practicing. Activity logs will be provided by the Graham Recreation Staff that can be turned in at the fields OR you may e-mail your results and they will be tracked at the office.
- FREE Program
- August 7 – August 31
- Walk, Jog or Run while your child is at practice.
- Track where, when and how many laps you exercised.
- Example 1: On Tuesday, August 8th I walked around the interior of Cooke #1 and accomplished 37 laps
- Example 2: On Saturday, August 12th I jogged around the Apollo Field track and accomplished 13 laps
- Turn in your walking log (view or print) to the Graham Rec Staff at one of our concession stands or E-mail to Aaron Davis – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The top 5 distance earners in each age group of soccer will be put into a drawing to win one of 5 free Athletic Registrations for a future sport.
- Coaches and parents will receive more information at the coaches meeting and via e-mail
Don’t Sit Get Fit Rules:
1.) The participant may only log exercise for no more than the 1-hour time block their child is practicing on that specific day.
2.) Participants may only track their laps during soccer practices.
3.) Participants may only track their laps during one (1) of their child’s or children’s practice per day.
3b.) We encourage you to be active during multiple children’s practices, but you may only log one child to keep this fair.
4.) Participants may only track their laps if exercising at one of three soccer locations.
5.) Participants must turn in their activity log to a Graham Recreation staff member at a concession stand by September 7, 2017 – Apollo Field or Bill Cooke Park
5b.) – Participants may fill out an activity log and e-mail to email@example.com by Thursday, September 7, 2017
6.) Graham Recreation Staff will tally all active laps and calculate total distance.
7.) The top 5 in total distance for each age group will be eligible for the drawing of one grand prize ($25.00 Graham Rec Credit)
8.) Grand Prize Winners will be selected LIVE on Facebook or Instagram before one of our soccer game nights.
8b.) The top 5 in total distance for each age group will be notified prior to the drawing so they can view on Facebook.