Don’t Sit, Get Fit – A Youth Athletic Parents Challenge
Description: We know that you want your kids to be active, but we want you to be active too! Take this 4-week fitness challenge during the first month of your child’s basketball season. Let us inspire you to be active by running, walking or jogging during the one (1) hour your child is practicing. Activity logs will be provided by the Graham Recreation Staff that can be turned in at the Graham Recreation Center OR you may e-mail your results and they will be tracked at the office.
- FREE Program
- November 4 – December 2
- Walk, Jog or Run while your child is at practice.
- Track where, when and how many laps you exercised.
- Example 1: On Tuesday, August 8th I walked around the of the Big Gym at the Graham Rec Center and accomplished 37 laps
- Example 2: On Saturday, August 12th I jogged around the Ray St. Gym basketball court and accomplished 53 laps
- Turn in your walking log (view or print) to the Graham Rec Staff at one of our concession stands or E-mail to Aaron Davis – email@example.com
- The top 5 distance earners in each age group of basketball will be put into a drawing to win one of 5 free Athletic Registrations for a future sport.
- Coaches and parents will receive more information at the coaches meeting and via e-mail
Don’t Sit Get Fit Rules:
1.) The participant may only log exercise for no more than the 1-hour time block their child is practicing on that specific day.
2.) Participants may only track their laps during basketball practices.
3.) Participants may only track their laps during one (1) of their child’s or children’s practice per day.
3b.) We encourage you to be active during multiple children’s practices, but you may only log one child to keep this fair.
4.) Participants may only track their laps if exercising at one of three basketball locations.
4b.) Rec Center (Big Gym, Small Gym) and Ray St. Gym
5.) Participants must turn in their activity log to a Graham Recreation staff member at a concession stand by December 11 – At the Graham Rec Center
5b.) – Participants may fill out an activity log and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, December 11, 2017
6.) Graham Recreation Staff will tally all active laps and calculate total distance.
7.) All eligible participants that turn in their activity logs will be in for the drawing of one grand prize ($25.00 Graham Rec Credit)
8.) Grand Prize Winners will be selected LIVE on Facebook or Instagram before one of our basketball game nights.