Graham Walks (Fall 2019)
September 4 – October 9 (5 weeks)
Meet on Wednesdays from 8:00am – 2:00pm & 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Ages: 18 & up
Location: Shamrock Nutrition • 146 South Main Street, Graham, North Carolina 27253
Click here to register for Graham Walks – Register NOW!
About Graham Walks:
Graham Walks began in 2006 with a grant from the Health and Wellness Trust Fund. Graham Recreation & Parks wishes to continue to gain new interest in the program and encourage past participants to join us once again this fall. Graham Walks is a self-motivating walking program designed to inspire you to stay active and reach an average of 8,000 steps per day. Graham Recreation & Parks is here to help you achieve your goal by meeting with you once a week on Wednesdays at Shamrock Nutrition from 8:00am – 2:00pm & 5:30pm – 7:00pm. Downtown Walking Route Maps will be available. Be sure to explore the downtown area and gain steps! Fun fitness swag will also be handed out to participants turning in their weekly Walking Logs, while supplies last. The program lasts for 5 weeks beginning on Wednesday, September 4 and ending on Wednesday, October 9. Registration is required.
How do you track your steps for your Walking Log?
Graham Recreation & Parks will provide FREE pedometers to registered participants (while supplies last) or you can use any fitness tracking device that you may already have (i.e. Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin, etc.).
Each week you will be required to turn in the results of your daily steps to Graham Recreation & Parks by: (starts on a Wednesday and ends on the Tuesday of the following week)
- Turning in the Walking Log paper form (download online or pick up at Shamrock Nutrition)
- Emailing completed Walking Log to Vicky Braniff
- Or “Screen Capture” your own fitness tracking device’s weekly information and email the information to Vicky Braniff
Walking Logs must be kept up with by participant and turned in on or before October 11 to be eligible for a Graham Walks T-Shirt and grand prizes. Walking Logs will be tracked by Graham Recreation & Parks and kept confidential. Following the 5 weeks, all participants that were able to record and turn in steps each day for 5 weeks will receive a Graham Walks T-Shirt.
All participants who complete the challenge of an average of 8,000 steps and complete and submit their Walking Log on or before October 11 will have their name entered into a drawing for the grand prizes (one per person). You must also have walked an average of 8,000 steps per day within the program time frame to be eligible for the grand prizes. Grand prizes will be announced live on the Graham Recreation & Parks Facebook page on Tuesday, October 15 at 2pm (UPDATED).
Grand Prize Winners:
Thank you to the Graham Walks Fall 2019 Sponsors for the amazing prizes for these Grand Prize Winners!
Anytime Fitness Burlington NC & Proserv
• Free Inflatable Rental – Stephen Turner
Be Healthy Now Alamance
• Fitness Basket – Susan Haley
Beshel Chiropractic Center
• Acupuncture – AJ Glass
• Acupuncture – Kim Snyder
• Massage – Tina Russell
• Memberships – Ayanna Benjamin, Sarah Croft, Aaron Davis, Samantha Ingelheim, Nancy Leedy, Betty Owen, Joyce Skull, Ceci Soto, Yvonne Walker, Kate Watts
Calming Hands Massage & Wellness
• Massage Certificate – Alice Van Tine
• Facial Certificate – Chelsea Wiles
Feel Better Yoga
• 2 Week Unlimited Pass – Darcy Sperry
Michelle Rogers Fitness
• Gift Basket – Janice Prince
• Gift Basket – Jennifer Davis
• 1 Year Black Card Membership – Dale Jenkins
• 64 oz. Water Bottle & Herbalife 24 Trial Pack – Lori Frank
Prizes can be picked up at Shamrock Nutrition during business hours (M-F 7am-2pm, W 5-7pm).
We hope you decide to take the next step in your healthy lifestyle and take this Graham Walks challenge!