Description: We know that you want your kids to be active, but we want you to be active too! Take this 4-week fitness challenge during the first month of your child’s youth soccer season. Let us inspire you to be active by running, walking or jogging during the one (1) hour your child is practicing. Activity logs will be provided by the Graham Recreation Staff that can be turned in at the Bill Cooke Park Concession Stand OR you may e-mail your results and they will be tracked at the Recreation Center offices.
- FREE Program
- March 2nd – March 30th, 2019
- Walk, Jog or Run while your child is in practice.
- Track where, when and how many laps you exercised.
- Example 1: On Tuesday, April 8th I walked around Bill Cooke Park #1 and accomplished 37 laps
- Example 2: On Saturday, April 12th I jogged around the Bill Cooke Park track and accomplished 10 laps
- Turn in your walking log to the Graham Rec Staff at the Bill Cooke Park concession stands or E-mail to Kris Kloepping
- All participants that turn in their activity log will be put into a drawing to win one free Athletic Registration for a future sport.
- Coaches and parents will receive more information at the coaches meeting and via e-mail
Don’t Sit Get Fit Rules:
1.) The participant may only log exercise for no more than the 1-hour time block their child is practicing on that specific day.
2.) Participants may only track their laps during basketball practices.
3.) Participants may only track their laps during one (1) of their child’s or children’s practice per day.
3b.) We encourage you to be active during multiple children’s practices, but you may only log one child to keep this fair.
4.) Participants may only track their laps if exercising at Bill Cooke Park during soccer practices.
4b.) Cooke #1, Cooke #2, Cooke #3 or Bill Cooke activity track
5.) Participants must turn in their activity log to a Graham Recreation staff member at the Bill Cooke Park concession stand by April 4th, 2019
5b.) – Participants may fill out an activity log and e-mail to [email protected] by: April 5th, 2019
6.) Graham Recreation Staff will tally all active laps and calculate total distance.
7.) All eligible participants that turn in their activity logs will be in for the drawing of one grand prize ($25.00 Graham Rec Credit)
8.) Grand Prize Winners will be selected LIVE on Facebook or Instagram before one of our soccer game nights.