What to Know Before You Rent a Shelter
Shelter Rental Rules
1. All shelter rentals must be paid at the time of reservation.
2. Please be courteous to others and honor your rental time slot. Access to the shelter begins and ends promptly on the times stated in your reservation. Time includes setup, event/activity, tear down, and clean up.
3. Shelters may not be used for commercial use by any individual or organization for private gain.
4. Shelters may not be used for events that use voice amplification systems.
5. Shelters may not be used for any water-related special events.
6. Glass, ceramic, or other breakable containers may not be used.
7. All decorations, staples, tape, and attachments must be removed from the shelter.
8. Renter of the facility is responsible for general clean up. Trash and debris must be picked up and disposed of in the waste receptacles.
9. No alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, or any type of smoking, vaping, e-cigarettes or smokeless tobacco.
10. Park rules and regulations are posted and must be followed at all times.
11. The Graham Recreation and Parks Department (GRPD) reserves the right and authority to deny or revoke any reservation upon finding a violation of any rule or regulation or upon good cause.
12. If there will be food vendors serving to the public, inflatable companies, etc. used during rental, renter will be required to provide a Certificate of Insurance (COI) meeting all City of Graham requirements. (Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP), a city-sponsored program, is available to purchase to protect yourself from claims for injuries or property damage during your event at www.onebeaconentertainment.com.)
13. Refunds will not be issued unless the reservation is cancelled within seven (7) business days prior to the reservation date. Refunds will not be issued due to inclement weather; however, if requested, the GRPD will attempt to reschedule the reservation at a later date at no additional cost.
Additional Rules for Graham-Mebane Lake Shelter
1. Maximum capacity is 35 persons. Parking is limited, carpooling is recommended.
2. Mandatory all vehicles must stop and check in at marina office before proceeding to shelter. It is the responsibility of the person renting the shelter to inform guests.
3. Observe and follow the 10mph speed limit, or slower, within the park and parking areas.
4. Fishing privileges are not included in rental.
Renter understands and agrees to the rules and regulations concerning rental of the shelter from the City of Graham Recreation and Parks Department. Renter is fully responsible for damage to any property caused by failure to comply with the above set guidelines. Renter agrees to follow all rules and regulations posted at the facility and in the rental agreement.
For Additional Information
Graham Recreation Center: (336) 570-6718
Graham-Mebane Lake: (919) 563-6544