The City Manager serves as the chief executive officer for the City of Graham and is assisted by an Assistant City Manger. The City of Graham operates under a council-manager form of government. The Mayor and the Council are responsible for making policy decisions for the City. The City Manager is responsible for carrying out those decisions, providing leadership to staff and overseeing daily operations of City Government.
Roles & Responsibilities
As chief administrator of the City of Graham, the City Manager is responsible to the City Council for administering all municipal affairs placed in his charge by them and has the following powers and duties:
- He shall appoint and suspend or remove all city officers and employees not elected by the people, and whose appointment or removal is not otherwise provided for by law, except the City Attorney, in accordance with such general personnel rules, regulations, policies, or ordinances as the council may adopt.
- He shall direct and supervise the administration of all departments, offices, and agencies of the City, subject to the general direction and control of the Council, except as otherwise provided by law.
- He shall attend all meetings of the Council and recommend any measures that he deems expedient. He shall see that all laws of the State, the City Charter, and the ordinances, resolutions, and regulations of the Council are faithfully executed within the City.
- He shall prepare and submit the annual budget and capital program to the Council.
- He shall annually submit to the Council and make available to the public a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the City as of the end of the fiscal year.
- He shall make any other reports that the Council may require concerning the operations of City departments, offices, and agencies subject to his direction and control.
- He shall perform any other duties that may be required or authorized by the Council.
Welcome to Graham North Carolina
Welcome to the City of Graham, North Carolina. Our website is designed so that everyone can obtain information about our community, services, and projects. We’ve tried to make it easy to find out what’s going on in the City from a development, economic, or events perspective. There are links for new residents, prospective business owners, or folks just looking to find out what’s going on.
Graham has parks spread throughout the City with different amenities, you can find out more about them here. Our Fire and Police Departments help maintain the wonderful quality of life we’ve come to appreciate! Our Public Works Department can be reached here, and helps keep our city clean and our roads and sidewalks safe. Most importantly, our water and sewer service information can be found here, and allow us to efficiently serve our residents with such a great resource!
If you are new to the area, thinking of relocating to Graham as either a homeowner or business owner, or just looking to get more information about Graham, please contact us. Once again, thank you for vising the City of Graham’s website.
Interim City Manager
City Council has regular meetings every second Tuesday of the month.
You can reach the City of Graham’s Inspections Department by calling 336.570.6705.