201 South Main Street
PO Drawer 357
Graham, NC 27253
The City of Graham Planning Department is responsible for assisting the City Council and the community in managing growth, administering development regulations, planning for capital improvements, planning for transportation improvements, managing stormwater runoff, and protecting special flood hazard areas. The department reviews private development projects, which include rezoning and subdivision proposals. The department also provides staff support to the City’s Planning Board, Board of Adjustment and Historic Resources Commission.
The City of Graham has planning and zoning jurisdiction within its corporate limits, as well as in the extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ). Properties that are in the ETJ are required to meet the City’s development ordinances, which include zoning, subdivisions and building inspections.
Our department takes pride in implementing Graham’s slogan: “A City Designed for Living”.
- Development Processes provides information about zoning, subdivisions and other types of development activities, including related applications and fees.
- Future Planning includes information about our comprehensive plan and transportation planning.
- Development Cases includes a list and information on current and past development cases, including rezonings, special use permits, subdivisions, site plans, certificates of appropriateness, and variances.
- Downtown Map view an aerial map of our Downtown.
- Creative Give Back Spurring Downtown Revitalization and Entrepreneurship view an economic development plan for our Downtown.
- View our “Community Profile” to find out more about Graham’s people, places and economy.