Construction Permit Applications
The following types of projects REQUIRE an application be submitted to the Inspections Department prior to starting construction.
There are many important reasons to obtain the required building, plumbing, electrical or HVAC permit(s) for your home or office projects, here are just a few:
- To begin with it’s the LAW!
- Work completed without the required permits may be subject to the removal of the completed work or other costly remedies. When you obtain a building, plumbing, electrical, or HVAC permit, you have the comfort of knowing your project is being reviewed by certified personnel who are trained to inspect the work.
- It can save you money, as property insurers may not cover damages caused by work done without permits and inspections.
- Permits can also serve as a form of consumer protection. A contractor who isn’t willing to pull a permit might lack appropriate licensing.
- Makes selling property easier. When a property is sold, the owner is required to disclose any improvements or repairs and if permits were obtained. Many financial institutions will not finance a purchase without proof of a final inspection.
- Improves safety. The Inspector reviews your completed project to insure it will meet minimum building codes which provide for public health, safety, and welfare.
Good question, contact one of our inspections department staff members and just ask, “Do I need a permit?” We’ll be happy to answer your permitting questions and help you to understand the process. Please contact the Inspections Department 336-57-6705.