- This event has passed.
Fire Prevention – Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen!
October 4, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until October 10, 2020
Fire Safety Month
• Fire Prevention Week is observed each year during the week of October 9th, in commemoration of the Great Chicago Fire.
• Fire Prevention week will be held October 4-10, 2020.
• The 2020 Fire Prevention week Campaign is “Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen!”
• Cooking is the leading cause of home fires and home fire injuries.
• Thanksgiving is the leading day for fires involving cooking equipment.
• The leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking.