Dog Park at Bill Cooke Park
About the Dog Park at Bill Cooke Park – Opening Summer 2020
Address: Bill Cooke Park
1010 Townbranch Road
Graham, NC 27253
Hours: Sunrise till Sunset, seven days a week
Non-Emergency Phone: (336) 570-6718
Amenities: water fountain for dogs & humans, benches, natural shade, small & shy dog area, big dog area, wood chips
THIS DOG PARK IS SELF-SUPERVISED. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CITY OF GRAHAM AND ALAMANCE KENNEL CLUB ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE TO YOU, YOUR DOG(S) OR OTHER PROPERTY.
Rules & Regulations
Familiarizing yourself with these rules is an important first step toward a safe and positive experience.
- This is a designated Off-Leash Area.
- No attendant is on duty. Users enter at your own risk.
- Owners/handlers are legally responsible for the actions or injuries to animal or human caused by their dog(s) or dog toy, play object, or other item they bring into the off-leash area.
- No animals other than dogs shall be permitted in the off-leash area.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed unless accompanied by an adult and must be closely supervised.
- A maximum of three (3) dogs are allowed per owner/handler.
- Remove choke, spike, pinch, prong, or collars that may injure other dogs BEFORE play is allowed. Only flat collars and/or a harness may be used.
- Dog(s) must be leashed entering and leaving the off-leash area. Keep your dog(s) on leash until you are inside the fenced “off-leash” designated area and before exiting.
- Watch your dog. Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited. Owners/handlers must monitor and control their dog(s) at all times. While inside the off-leash area, you must keep one leash per dog with you at all times.
- No aggressive or uncontrollable dogs. Dogs with a known history of dangerous behavior are prohibited (not allowed). Dogs must be removed immediately from the off-leash area at the first sign of aggression. Call Burlington Animal Services at (336) 578-0343, if needed.
- “Scoop your poop”. Owners must clean up after their dog(s). Please encourage others to do so, bags are provided.
- All dogs, regardless of breed, are welcome, but must be healthy and current on all vaccinations and must be wearing a current rabies tag. Dog(s) not wearing a visible dog vaccination tag are prohibited (not allowed).
- Puppies under four (4) months of age are not allowed in the off-leash area. Puppies under four months of age have not received all the necessary vaccinations. Their immune systems are vulnerable to potentially dangerous forms of bacteria from other dogs.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed in the park.
- No food, drinks, or smoking is allowed. Water is provided inside the off-leash area for both dogs and humans. Training treats are allowed for your dog(s) only.
- Dog toys may be used in the off-leash area unless the use of such toys creates disruptive behavior among other dogs.
- Handlers must stop dog(s) from digging and fill all holes dug by their dog(s).
The Bill Cooke Dog Park is a collaborative project by the Alamance Kennel Club & Graham Recreation and Parks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do about aggressive dogs?
First, remove your dog from the situation immediately. When it is safe, report the incident to Graham Recreation Center staff at (336) 570-6718 and call 9-1-1, if an emergency. It is expected of patrons to work with each other in a friendly, respectful manner to keep the park safe for all.
What should I do if someone is bitten at the Park?
Dog bites are rare at Dog Parks, especially if users are following all the rules. But in the event of a dog bite, there are three things you should do:
- Immediately provide medical attention, if necessary. If the bite(s) are serious, call 9-1-1.
- Record the identity of the dog and its owner.
- Report the incident to Graham Recreation Center staff at (336) 570-6718.