Youth Instructional Lacrosse
Spring Youth Lacrosse
Registration: December 1, 2022 – February 1, 2023
If this is your child’s first time playing sports with us, please submit your child’s birth certificate. You can bring a copy to the Graham Recreation Center (311 College Street), email a copy to our Youth Athletics Supervisor, or submit online.
Ages: 7 – 14 years old (boys & girls)
The age cut-off is January 1 of the season year.
Fee: $25 per participant
Location: Bill Cooke Park • 1010 Townbranch Road, Graham, NC 27253
Program Start Date: TBD
Description of League: The City of Graham Instructional Lacrosse Program is an 8-week program offered for both boys and girls ages 7 – 14. The program is developmental and instructional. Each player will be introduced to the fundamental skills necessary to play lacrosse in a fun and safe environment. Players will also learn the rules and regulations of Lacrosse.
- Cradling – The most basic skill in the game of Lacrosse. The purpose of cradling is to maintain possession of the ball in one’s stick.
- Scooping – Another basic Lacrosse skill. Scooping is picking up the ball from the ground with the head of one’s stick.
- Throwing & Catching – Catching and throwing are crucial fundamentals of the game.
- Shooting – The actual act of trying to score a goal.
- Dodging – Allows a player to avoid members of the opposing team.
Equipment Provided: The City of Graham will provide Lacrosse sticks, gloves, pads, helmets, and balls. Players are permitted to bring their own equipment but it must be labeled with the player’s name and taken home with them after each practice.
Equipment Needed: All players will be asked to wear cleats.
Volunteer Opportunities: We are currently seeking coaches for Lacrosse Class (Instructional League). All equipment will be provided to you. Coaching outlines, potential skills, and drills can be found at US Lacrosse. If you wish to volunteer to coach, sign up through CommunityPass or contact the Athletic Supervisor at (336)570-6718 or by email.
“A good coach can change a game, a great coach can change a life.” – John Wooden