Youth Instructional Lacrosse
Fall Youth Instructional Lacrosse
Registration: July 1 – August 14, 2021
Ages: 7 – 14 years old (boys & girls)
All Ages as of January 1 of the season year
Fee: $25 per participant
Description of League: The City of Graham Instructional Lacrosse Program is an 8-week program offered for both boys and girls ages 7 – 14. The program is developmental and instructional. Each player will be introduced to the fundamental skills necessary to play Lacrosse in a fun and safe environment. Players will also learn the rules and regulations of Lacrosse.
- Cradling – The most basic skill in the game of Lacrosse. The purpose of cradling is to maintain possession of the ball in one’s stick.
- Scooping – Another basic Lacrosse skill. Scooping is picking up the ball from the ground with the head of one’s stick.
- Throwing & Catching – Catching and throwing are crucial fundamentals of the game.
- Shooting – The actual act of trying to score a goal.
- Dodging – Allows a player to avoid members of the opposing team.
Equipment Provided: The City of Graham will provide Lacrosse sticks, gloves, pads, helmets and balls. Players are permitted to bring their own equipment but it must be labeled with player’s name and taken home with them after each practice.
Equipment Needed: All players will be asked to wear cleats.
Volunteer Opportunities: We are currently seeking coaches for Lacrosse Class (Instructional League). All equipment will be provided to you. Coaching outlines, potential skills and drills can be found at US Lacrosse. If you wish to volunteer to coach, sign up through CommunityPass or contact the Athletic Supervisor at (336)570-6718 or by email.
“A good coach can change a game, a great coach can change a life.” – John Wooden