The Finance Department is responsible for managing the City of Graham’s financial resources, including investment and debt portfolios. The Finance Director serves as the Chief Financial Officer.
Accounting, Cash Management, Inventory/Capital Asset Management, Utility Billing, Government Reporting and Purchasing are under the direction of the Finance Director.
Our offices are located in City Hall.
- Submit monthly financial reports to the City Manager
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating and capital project budgets
- Prepare documentation for the annual independent audit
- Issue and manage debt related to the City’s Capital Improvement Projects
- Oversee monthly billing, collections and maintenance for Utility Services
- Recommend financial polices and practices to ensure compliance with applicable State and Federal regulations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Administer funds for grants and other special projects
- Manage and report on the acquisition and disposal of City Property
- Consult with the City Manager and Staff on the administration of the city’s financial affairs
- Manage and report on the investment of idle funds
- Comply with government reporting deadlines set worth by the Local Government Commission (LGC) and State Treasurer.